Sunday, 3 April 2011

miscalculation

When I first came, being the thrifty person that I was, i calculated every single thing and typed it up in a spreadsheet. But being lazy, this only lasted about 3 months.

After that, i just did the thrifty thing in my head.
This only lasted 1 year.

Then i started spending more freely.

Then i move out to a more expensive accommodation.


Today, I was doing some much overdue calculation of funds.

What i discovered was really shocking.
If it were not for me saving up so much in my 1st and 2nd year, i would NOT have survived 3rd year (the year in which i did no calculation).

What birthed all these was that, I was trying to decide how much i could tithe consistently, and whether I would be able to give to 2 churches at 1 go.

I realised that I dont have enough to survive the year.
Either that or my extra expenses have to be no more than AUD1032 for the entire year.
By extra expenses, i mean anything outside of fixed monthly certainties (Rent, Utilities, Handphone, household, petrol, tithes).
Extra expenses including things like my own groceries, eating out, hair cuts, shampoo, etc..

100 per month for those? not possible. not unless i eat drumsticks and rice every dinner and sandwich every lunch. And not buy...well, anything else.

Dont talk about buying my own air ticket this year, dont even have enough for even my own expenses.

I cant believe moved out to this new place without calculating the consequences, LITERALLY calculating!


shit. well, either i call in the cavalries, ie. mom and dad, or I somehow continue chipping away at my savings from 1st and 2nd year until the well is dry.


NOW im considering moving out. before this i was so adamant about NOT moving out when someone asked. its funny how money drives people, or lack of.
2 bird, 1 stone.


Those who know my strict Rm3.50-Rm4 nasi lemak/day, 0 cups of soya bean in 1.5 years regime would know, this is quite distressing to me. sigh. I only have myself to blame for not calculating sooner. what have I done?!! :(



No comments: