Thursday, 7 February 2008

The type of movie that gets me..

Couple o weeks ago, i watched a movie called Juno. I have not heard of it until she said she wanted to watch it coz she bought the DVD. I saw the cover. Didnt recognize the actress. (she looks young) The actor was Michael Cera from Superbad. So i figured i was in for some kinda Stone-ish comedy:- stuff I kinda like actually. After the movie,of which i loved, i wanted to burn 10 copies and pass it around...... nahh... I wouldnt give u 1/2 an A4 paper u freeloaders.
Juno was a movie about a 16 year old girl who accidentally gets pregnant and has to make decisions of what to do. Oh n the girl, Juno, is weird.
(It starred Ellen Page, Michael Cera, Jennifer Garner & Jason Bateman.)
I think the movie kicks heavy ass and all of u should watch it. It might NOT be your cup of tea but u'd be the least bit entertained, i promise! COMMON! How often do i go advertising movies?

U see, after some thought, i realise i am somewhat fond of movies with partially (or fully) weird AND sincere characters. Like they're, how do i say this.... Honest.
I also like the movie Garden State (directed by and starred Zach Braff) and used to be, and still IS, one of my favourites but me thinks Juno wins for entertainment values. Lately Zach Braff's movie (The Ex,etc) have been sucking.

Based on these 2 movies, ive also concluded that for a movie to be memorable to me, it must have kick ass movie playing in the background:- by kick ass I mean music which instills a sense of melancholy, irony and romance(?) throughout the movie. Ahh..just the right amount of gayness.
Its gay to say but both these 2 movies have happy endings..("spoiler" heh..)
I mean, who likes movie endings where the heroin's head gets engulfed by a Queen Broodmother Alien whilst her little spawnlings nibble her organs? This normally preceeds the Hero- (who instead of reloading, cleverly throws away his gun after it runs out of ammo.) -breaking of the tail of an alien soldier, which has poisoned tip, and stabs it through the QUBA (short for QUeenBroodmotherAlien) "Haha! Death to u! See the irony? Ur own soldier killed u! It was HIS tail! I used it against u! See! Smart!"

Would u prefer watching this garbage?

Ok Truthfully, i exaggerated. What kinda stupid show would even have this shit....
(Answer: Alien VS Predator 1. Post answer: Hence i didnt watch AVP2)


Back to the topic- Both movies have couples who are made out of 2 equally weird/special people. NO!! BY SPECIAL I DO NOT MEAN CACAT! NO ALL "SPECIAL"s MEAN CATAT!
Maybe i find it aluring to see 2 people who do not "fit in", rebelious to the social hierarchy, be together, just chilling out at their own pace. (oh shit! i tried to spell hierarchy as "hiraki, hieraki and hieraky" Thank you google.) It COULD be that i find myself wanting to be like that. Not caring about what people thing around you. Witty in my own way. Cool only to my standards. Its what i wish i could experiece. However these are things u cant just GO and experience. bummer eh?
And it sure beats "hot cheerleader chic ending up with the hottie highschool quaterback". Only exception goes to "She's All That". Havent watched that show in a long long time. Its so old but i think i recall liking it. Maybe i was too young at that time. heh. Oh n the girl was not a hot chic cheerleader but a weird nerdy artist girl who dont give a crap about what others think. (but is pretty, if she dresses up, and she does. surprise surprise.)
So secretly-pretty-girls-hiding-behind-nerd-facets-with-intriguing-personality, heads up! :p

Long enough post. Time to rest. People, if ure free, watch Juno! if ure bored- watch garden state (although 50% chance of putting u to sleep due to uneventfulness, i know someone who slept.lol.*points at....*) How i wish most movies are as memorable as these. Not some shit movies ive watched lately. eg. i watched 30m of "Stealth" on starmovies. Can someone say "suckass!??"
Its so stupid its disgusting.

(id stream some of the music but imeem doesnt allow streaming of the songs i want to put up and im lazy 2 find some other hosts.)

Update on life:- which are what blogs SHOULD originally be about right?

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!!
PRE CNY reunion dinner at home. So empty this year. Bro and wife at Switzerland partaying. Father's cousin's family didnt come. Oh well, steamboat seafood. Ate pretty damn full.
Day b4 PRECNY dinner, ate jap food for lunch and dinner. Lunch- kinda like bento- some set stuff. Farewell from Alvin. Thanks 4 the lunch. Much appreciated.
Dinner Sushi Zanmai (WHICH I THINK ITS ONE OF THE BETTER SUSHI PLACES AS COMPARED TO OTHERS OF THE SAME PRICE: SUCH AS SAKAE)
If i get my hands on the phone-camera picture taken of the sushi, ill post it.
Just 1 plate of sushi for 2 people. The plate was about 0.5 meter long and 15cm wide.
Doesnt seem like much? well, its much when its all freakin RAW FISH. Shit man. Too much of a good thing is bad. I never thought it would be true under THIS circumstance. (Well i KNEW it. just didnt wanna accept it.) She went out of control. Ended up i wanted to puke. Us both. "last piece jst leave it there.." "NO DONT WASTE"... i wasnt the one screaming that. Surprising aint it. heh.

at least my post is 8234102398 longer than nirmals.
*claims victory and celebrates by eating 1 pint of baskins*


6 comments:

Cassie said...

So secretly-pretty-girls-hiding-behind-nerd-facets-with-intriguing-personality, heads up! :p


*heads up*

Happy Chinese New Year you dimwit..

p/s i wannt try Sushi Zanmai too...and and good movies are movies that makes me cry =p

Dimi said...

hahah... sry for saying this, but someone is going to have to, ur posts just keep getting weirder by the decade man.. btw, I'm still waiting for a reply to tht tx msg!!! phhbbbbbbbbttttttt!

Dimi said...

ohhh... sorrry!

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!! May the year of the rat bless u with many of these cute rodents in all forms!! LOL...
Have a great one!

nirms said...

'at least my post is 8234102398 longer than nirmals.' - I hate you Michaels.

I wanna watch Juno too. Michael Cera is DA BOMB!!!! Lol. Happy New Year Mikeeyyyyyyy :D

QED said...

shock of shocks.. I actually get what you're talking about. wow I'm understanding michael.. ;)

I wanna see juno too! The chick got nominated for best actress in the oscars I think. And isn't michael cera the kid from arrested development?

mike said...

the blog lives!
hello ppl =)
Happy Chinese New Year to u people too... May rats crawl up ur ass n bite ur rectum...

that said..
"angel"icassie
*smacks head down with golf club*
Zanmai is very yummy and even more so on "good days"
And all movies make u cry.. heck "I AM LEGEND" made u cry!! what the -_-....

to dme: ok "by the decade" means the "decay" of my post towards weirdism is SLOW... =p
and sorry for not replying..forgot about it after so long.. burried under all those darn new year msges ..
ps- the rats WILL love u...

to nirms: "hate" is such a strong word... how bout "i lose" or "surrenderUrGreat" ?

Michael cera is funny..scrawny lil shitter! Happy new year to u too nirmzor..

Hey sheeereeeeennnnnnnnnnnnn~!!! Thanks for getting my post.. XD
that chic AKA ELLEN PAGE got nominated for a few things...oscar dun THINK so but she got nominated for a SAG (screen actors guild) award.. shown recently on astro 711.. Plus shes a jolly good actress.. n funny as well.. =D